Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: Maybelline Vintage Leather Color Show Nail Polishes


I was shopping in Target the other day and saw that Maybelline had released their brand new Fall nail polish collection that they call the "Vintage Leather" collection.  I was immediately interested because I'm a sucker for textured nail polishes and thought I'd give them a try and review them for you guys!



First of all, I love the colors that this line offers.  There are great Fall greens, purples, and oranges.  I chose the vibrant red-orange color called "Red Relic."  This color is one of the prettiest reds I've ever tried and it also has subtle bits of holographic glitter in the polish which gives a great effect on the nails.  


The formula for these polishes is really great and gives a nice opaque finish at only two coats.  It is also super fast drying (I'm talking almost seche vite speed!).  These polishes dry to a lovely matte finish and soft leather-like texture which I loved.  However, if you put a top coat over these polishes, the finish and texture is completely lost, which is unfortunate because I always use a top coat with my polishes so they last a little longer.  But I've been wearing this polish for a few days and had only minimal chipping so you could probably afford to skip the top coat.  
Overall I really like these polishes and the finish, and the price (only around $3.00!) and I would definitely recommend them.  I will probably pick up a few more colors from this collection as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish, too - great price, lovely color, nice matte. I chose the "Antique Teal". Within 24 hours, though, I had three chipped nails. (I work in an office, nothing hard core, and I use gloves when I wash dishes) So I put on a top coat, which, as you said, destroyed the matte + texture effect. I followed the top coat with another coat of Vintage Leather polish, and that restored the original effect. I hope this combo does the trick to make the manicure last longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I would have never thought to do that. I will definitely try it next time I wear these polishes!

      Delete