Friday, April 19, 2013

DIY Cross Stitch Phone Cases


Learn how I made these awesome cross-stitch phone cases, and how you can do it yourself!

          So I have recently been in love with cross-stitching (yes, I am aware that probably makes me an 80-year old woman..) and I have been seeing some of these phone cases on the internet and I really wanted to try to make some.  It turns out that it's super easy to do and leaves you with a really unique phone case!  Here are the steps I took to making the super cue ones above ^^.  (P.S. If you don't want to make your own you can buy them on my Etsy here).

Buy this cross-stitch phone case 
1.  Buy one of the cross stitch phone cases that are silicone and have holes already pre-punched.  I get mine off of amazon and they usually range from 4 to 10 dollars.
Embroidery thread used for cross-stitching
2.  The kits from amazon usually come with patterns and thread, but I like to create my own patterns and use my own thread.  You can purchase embroidery thread from any craft store (Joanns, Michaels, Etc.)
This is the Template that I used.  You can find it here

3.  If you choose to create your own pattern I suggest using a template that can be found online.  (I just googled "cross stitch iphone case template"  under images and found one that matched the type of case that I had.)  Print it out and then simply, color it in to plan out your design.

4.  Next, the cross-stitching!  If you don't know how to cross stitch there is a great tutorial here.  Don't worry if you don'y have any sewing skills, it's super easy and if you just follow your pattern you created, you can't go wrong!

5.  Or, you could just buy super cute cross-stitch phone cases like the ones on my etsy! (Just sayin'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment